While my hockey team was unsuccessful in defeating the New York Rangers, the Sox were able to defeat the ones from Texas in four straight games.
I missed it because I was at school, but based on the score and the stats of last yesterday's game, Buchholz was pretty awesome. I have to admit that I've been a little nervous about him, but I think that, with this victory, he's trying to show us that he's ready to be a permanent fixture of our rotation.
Due to neck stiffness, Josh Beckett was scratched from his start tonight against the Angels. At first, I thought it was probably related to his back soreness earlier this year, but then I stopped freaking out when I realized it could just be some symptoms of the flu that he and Varitek have been suffering from all week.
Even though Beckett might be a little sick, at least he still has his sense of humor. From the Boston Herald:
“I want to be traded …,” Beckett told Francona, attempting to conceal his smirk, “… unless we get the ice cream machine back. I’m going to ask to be dealt unless the Red Sox put the ice cream machine back in the players’ lounge."
Well, I guess that's how the saying goes--I scream, you scream, Josh screams for ice cream!
Also, you can check out a pretty awesome article on Manny (who's getting extremely close to HR #500) right here.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Josh had me going with that quote...for a minute. Great post, Brittany...and as always lately, the Sox found the way (Pedey and Ells) to win! And they keep going and going and.....
I did not hear that quote - very funny!
As much as I would have wanted the Sox to keep on with the sweeping, I did not think it would happen with the Angels - They can be devils :D
Thanks, all three of you!
Josh fooled me at first, too!
That's pretty funny, Caroline!
Post a Comment