And if they're going to attack each other, they should attack each other with hugs:
So, I was wearing this awesome shirt at school today, and (surprisingly) a lot of people--including Yankees fan--liked it. A fellow clarinet player who's a huge Yankees fan glanced quickly at me and said "Brittany, I hate your shirt," like she does everyday when I wear Red Sox apparel, which is almost everyday. About five minutes later, she came back up to me and said, "Wait--Is that the cancer-guy? I feel really bad. I thought it was the other dude from last September. I changed my mind--that shirt is awesome!" That really freaked me out because she's such a die-hard Yankees fan, and throughout the day a few random people were telling me that they just loved his story and thought that he was really inspirational. It gave me that "warm and fuzzy feeling" inside, and it made me really happy that, for once, people were able to put aside their grudges and really appreciate the true meaning of the game, as well as of life.
Another crazy story, this one from The Globe:
The Sox closer, in his own wacky way, tried to lighten the team's concern over Ortiz's left wrist injury with a postgame pronouncement that he, too, had an injury that required medical attention. The injury, he said, was to his elbow. His left elbow. "The official diagnosis is 'Elton John surgery,' " Papelbon said. "It's all good, man. Just got to ice it. There's no surgery needed for Elton John. It's just kind of nagging, kind of like Elton John songs."Oh, Papelbon. What are we going to do with you?
I have SATs on Saturday, and I get to reward myself afterwards by watching the game against Seattle on Fox.
I might not be around much in the near future because final exams start next week, but after that, I get to watch five straight games (6/14 to 6/18) on TV (yes!).
4 comments:
What a crazy night.....
Brit - I love the shirt!
It was crazy last night. I wonder if we'll ever find out what Manny and Youk had going on.
Brit....thank you for adding that FOX widget to your blog. Why thank you? Because I loved it and added it to my blog, with thanks to you in my Sunday post. I hope the SATs went well. When I took them, the highest score possible was 800 in English and 800 in math. But they've changed it now, I think. Officially, according to my SATs, I'm not a dummy! Thanks again.
Rooster, the shirt is awesome! The profit goes to "The Lester Project" (an organization that raises money for cancer awareness), which makes it even better!
Peter, I think I did pretty well on my SATs; I'll find out sometime later this month. That was my second time taking them, so I felt pretty confident.
The FOX widget is pretty cool, isn't it?
Post a Comment